Quote of the Week
FINAL CALL FOR SPAIN/FRANCE 2017
If you have not yet sent your application to World Projects, please do so by this week. Contact them directly to discuss an alternate payment plan if you are concerned about that. Applications, itinerary, and all information can be found on the SPAIN/FRANCE 2017 link above. Or - click here. Fundraising options will be available for those in need. Sponsorship letters are also available for those in need.
UPCOMING DEADLINES FOR THE STUDENT STORE:
- Percussion Stick Bags: PAST DUE @ THE STUDENT STORE
- Marching Shoes, Jackets, Gig Bags, Gloves, Guard Costumes: Friday, Sept 16th
- Wind Symphony Ladies' Dresses: By Friday, September 23rd
- Concert Band/Wind Symphony $150.00 Lessons Donation #1: November 1st
- Concert Band/Wind Symphony $150.00 Lessons Donation #2: January 6th
All payments will be made at the LQHS Student Store (They accept Cash, Check, Visa, Master Card). You will receive a receipt for your donations at the time of purchase. The student store is available before school, lunch, and after school each day.
Our google classroom code is: 8todnf. Parents and students may join it to access files, and for communication. Items such as audition information, call sheets, drill coordinates, forms, etc will be available on google classroom. visit classroom.google.com and enter the class code 8todnf to join the class.
BEGINNING BAND GOALS FOR THE WEEK - BOOKS ARE IN!
- We will begin playing out of our BOOKS - you must purchase it for $15.00
- Tone production
- Sight Read Rhythms
- Play through Major Scales (Concert F, B-flat, E-flat, A-flat)
- Begin Singing/Matching pitch (Tonic - Dominant)
- Work on "Gadget"
WIND SYMPHONY GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Sight Read Rhythms
- Play through Major Scales (Concert F, B-flat, E-flat, A-flat, D-Flat)
- U.S. Military Medley - Focus on "Air Force & Navy"
- Amazing Grace
MARCHING BAND GOALS FOR THE WEEK
- Add NEW drill to music (Pg 23 - End of the opener)
- Teach up to M136 with Drill
(CHECK THE GOOGLE CALENDAR FOR UPDATED GIGS/EVENTS)
Thursday, September 15th - Band Parent Meeting (ALL)
Tuesday, September 20th - Back to School Night (MB)
Saturday, September 24th - Drill Day (MB, no pit)
Friday, October 7th - Home Football (MB, Jr High Night)
Thursday, October 13th - Home Football (MB, Senior Night)
Saturday, October 15th - Trojan Club Gig (WS)
Saturday, October 15th - Indio Band Spectacular (MB)
Friday, October 21st - Away FB vs. Palm Desert (MB)
Saturday, October 22nd - Patriot Ride (Pep Band & Drum Line)
Saturday, October 22nd - PDHS Field Tournament (MB)
Sunday, October 23rd - Patriot Ride (Pep Band & Drum Line)
Saturday, October 29th - TBD Huntington Beach trip/tournament (MB)
Friday, November 4th - Home Football (MB, Homecoming)
Wednesday, November 9th - Trojan League Gig (Pep Band)
Thursday, November 10th - SHHS Field Tournament
Friday, November 11th - LQ Veteran's Day Event (WS)
Sunday, November 13th - TBD Desert Horizons Gig (Pep Band & DL)
Tuesday, November 15th - CCHS Band O Rama (MB)
Uniform Accessories Order Form
2016-2017 Photo Authorization Form
2016 -2017 DSUSD Permission Slip
2016-2017 Medical Waiver
Parent Student Contract
2016 - 2017 Band Handbook
8th Grade - "Next Steps"
Remind 101 - For Parents
Remind 101 - For Students
2016-2017 Mandatory Schedule of Events
Sync your calendar with the google calendar