"Do something you hate everyday, just for practice If you learn to do what you must, you will be able to do what you want." - John C. Maxwell
CHANGES THIS WEEK:
* Mr. Fleischmann will be out of town Monday & Tuesday, he will return to school Wednesday
* Monday's Marching Band rehearsal will be pm-6pm in the stadium (full ensemble, marching)
* Due to a football schedule change, Tuesday's rehearsal will be 3pm - 5pm in the stadium (full ensemble, marching)
* Wednesday is the Indio Band Spectacular (click for call sheet)
* Thursday is as-is (3pm - 5pm)
* Saturday is TWO gigs (click for call sheet)
From our Treasurer:
Financial Statements were emailed last week. Please make any payments to the lock box in the band room. Prompt payments ensures that we are able to continue without making cuts to the programs If you did not receive your statement or have questions please contact Lramhoff@blackhawkbrigade.org
Patriot Ride (Tour de Palm Springs) - Saturday Morning, 10:00am - 12:00pm
This is a pep band gig at the La Quinta Community Park (in the cove - 77-865 Ave Montezuma)
NEXT PARENT MEETING ON OCTOBER 21st @ 6:30PM in the Band Room. Come out to the field afterward to watch the final run through at 7:45pm.
Uniform Items & "Swag":
Contact Denise Meyers at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
New York City Donation Web Page:
Please direct people to the homepage of blackhawkbrigade.org to find for this link. This is a great way to get people to help donate to our cause! Thank you to the NYC Committee for your hard work and dedication to make this happen! Here is the link: http://www.lqhswindsymphony.myevent.com/3/donate.htm. There is a QR code on the website for you tech savvy people.
All-Coachella Valley High School Honor Band:
Rehearsals begin Sunday 12pm-4pm at Rancho Mirage HS. Visit www.codband.net for details.
COD Symphonic Band: Check the rehearsal schedule on www.CODBand.net. So that you know what our focus will be for the week. This was posted Thursday morning for you to view, and emailed out to you.
Register for Ralphs - Support the Blackhawk Brigade!
Don't forget to register your Ralph's Rewards grocery card so Blackhawk Brigade can receive a donation. Instructions are at Blackhawkbrigade.org. You must sign up every year, so please don't forget. You now can use the same card at Food 4 Less, too. Encourage family and friends. (Click here to learn more).
Marching Band Rehearsal Schedule:
- Monday: Music Rehearsal 3:00pm - 4:00pm, Brass/WW/Battery in the stadium 4-6. (Closer Drill)
- Tuesday evening: 5:00pm - 8:00pm in the stadium (arrive at the band room NO LATER than 4:45). Focus will be adding music to the closer Bring your music, and a pencil.
- Thursday afternoon from 3:00pm - 5:00pm continue to learn new drill. Run through Opener, Ballad, and as much of the closer as we can!
UPCOMING EVENTS (Marching Band):
October 17th: Home Football vs. Palm Springs HS
October 22nd: Indio Band Spectacular
October 25th: Patriot Ride Gig (morning), Patriot Field Tournament (Evening)
October 31st: Last regular season football game vs. Xavier (HOMECOMING)
November 2nd: All Coachella Valley HS Honor Band Concert @4:00, McCallum, support your friends!)
November 5th: Cathedral City Band-O-Rama
November 8th: Lester Oaks Field Tournament (Evening)
November 9th: Pep Band Gig @ IW Club (5:30pm - 6:00pm)
November 11th: Final rehearsal & Show @ Shadow Hills HS