Band camp is coming in a few short weeks, and I want to take a moment and send you some important reminders:
1.) Paperwork - All paperwork is due on the first day of camp (Aug 11th) If you aren't sure what that entails, you should have a band camp checklist that was given to you at orientation with all of the necessary documentation. Returning members - you can pick up packets this week during workshops (Tues/Thurs 3pm-5pm). Try to get your paperwork in EARLY during workshops (Tues/Thurs 3pm-5pm).
2.) Uniform Information - we need to get you T Shirt size, and Jacket size for EVERYONE marching this year. The link to the form is on the blog on blackhawkbrigade.org (you'll have to scroll back a few posts). For all other "swag" (gloves, gig bags, compression shirts, flip folders, lyres, etc), submit your orders on the same form. You must pay for these things BEFORE they will be ordered. The best time to submit a check is this week and next week during workshops (Tues/Thurs 3pm-5pm)
3.) Instrument check-out. You can check out instruments at workshops this week (Tues/Thurs 3-5). Unfortunately, we still have a bunch of instruments being repaired, I can't promise that your horn will be ready by Tuesday this week (but most likely Thursday). Unfortunately, I don't have any more information to give you on that. If you miss workshops, you can get your instruments anytime on August 5th between 10am -1pm
4.) Workshops - these are for winds (and drum set/bass players interested in pep band). We will be reading some music on Tuesday & Thursday 3pm-5pm in the band room. This is a great chance to get your chops back in shape. If you are out of town, these are recommended but not mandatory. BAND CAMP IS MANDATORY! Workshops are THIS WEEK and NEXT WEEK Tues & Thurs 3pm-5pm
5.) New Member Camp - this is mandatory for all leaders and new members. We will meet August 6, 7 , and 8 from 7:00am - 12:00pm. We will be working outdoors, so be prepared with a hat, sunscreen, and water.
6.) Full Band Camp - Aug 11th - 15th, and 18th - 20th. 7:00am - 5:00pm. This is MANDATORY for allmembers of the Blackhawk Brigade.
- Please use blackhawkbrigade.org or Charms FIRST. (use laquintaHSBand for the school code, and your student ID to login). With about 5 minutes of trolling, you can probably find everything you need.
- Still have questions? Contact your section leaders (Section leaders - double check that your people have your contact information just in case) Section leaders' contact information was emailed at the beginning of June - check your email.
- Drum Line questions? - Contact Jeremy
- Guard Questions? - Contact Chris
- Still Have Questions? Wait to see Mr. F during Workshops