SOLO/ENSEMBLE FESTIVAL, April 11th
I will need to submit your entries this week
BRIGADE BLAST! IDEA...
Buy an ad for the Brigade Blast program! All of the money goes straight to your account anyway. Why not create a full page ad for yourself AND cover your expenses?
Brigade Blast Ad form: DOWNLOAD HERE
Brigade Blast Basket Raffle
Each member if the program is expected to donate an item for the basket raffle. It is divided last name
- A-B Family night
- C-F Candy
- G-J Home Improvement/gardening
- K-M Coffee/ tea
- N-S Family night
- T-Z BBQ/picnic
Gift cards are always accepted or cash so we can purchase items. All items are due to the band room by April 22nd.
We are also looking for donations for our silent auction if you have a talent you would like to share or know of a business willing to dontate it would be greatly appreciated. Donations are tax deductible, letters are available in the band room.
NEXT GENERAL PARENT MEETING: TUESDAY APRIL 21st @ 6:30pm
Wind Symphony: GREAT CONCERT SATURDAY - THANK YOU!
- Our final after school rehearsal before we leave will be Thursday after school in the main gym (3:00pm-4:45pm). This is Mandatory if you're going to NYC
- For Monday's Gig - bring Sunglasses if you're going with us. Remember we will be eating lunch off campus.
- Wednesday during 3rd period - we will be in the main gym rehearsing.
- Friday afternoon - we leave AFTER SCHOOL for LAX!
- Big Band will rehearse Monday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday this week.
- Wednesday will be for SOLOISTS only who are interested in jamming with the new tracks laid down by the rhythm section. (Thank you Jeff & Chris for getting that together for us!)
- Look for the solo tracks on Charms ASAP in the Jazz Folder.
- TUESDAY - stay tuned - if Jeff is available to jam with you guys, this will be a good opportunity for you to work on your soloing. (This is optional for those who want the help)
- NO VOCALS this week
We have a gig on Friday, April 3rd. We will rehearse from 2:00-3:30 (with Vocals). The set will be the "long set." We play at 5:00pm in Old Town LQ at the Art Gallery. I'll reserve a district van for equipment, but it would be good to have drivers lined up just in case. Thanks!
Upcoming Important Dates/Gigs:
March 23rd: Pep Band Gig for the Marv Goux Classic (Trojan Club Gig)
April 11th: Solo/Ensemble Festival @ CMPaige MS
April 18th: Jazz Festival @ PDHS (Morning/Afternoon)
April 25th: Brigade Blast (Late Morning/Afternoon)